Pages

a place for me. quiet. calm. creative.

1.1.13

2013

2012: I have to say that this was not my best year. Lost track of health, had lots of good friends move away, saw a friend almost die, was too stressed out, lost sight of my priorities a bit, lost focus.

But there were some highlights: Oliver's birth, awesome camping with my cousins, a great trip to Vernon, another fabulous year at my school, my boys in all their amazingness, a new friend (or 3), a great visit from my favourite friends in China, a rekindling of an old but great friendship, a wedding, babies, watching my babe fall in love with Harry Potter, hockey, family time, tubing at Mt Washington. Many good things.

I had a tradition on my other blog, my private one, where I wrote a list of things that I was looking forward to in the new year. Not resolutions but anticipations. I am going to continue that tradition here.

2013, here is what I hope for from you:

- a renewed joy. I have lost my joy a bit lately, I want it back.
- health. For my family. For my friends.
- running. I miss running. I need races and training.
- yoga. I also miss yoga.
- another year at my school.
- changes for my kids.  something. Don't know what yet.
- a trip through BC and Alberta with my boys and mom
- time with my bestie in Fernie.
- working on new friendships.
- a trip to America to see another bestie
- time with my kids. doing whatever. living this life
- a hike. a big hike. with the kids. maybe Strathcona?
- small changes to the house. A constant work of art.
- finding the contentedness that I had last year.

This is also the time to reflect on where I am today compared to a year ago. Here is last year's list:


 So, welcome 2012, here is what I am hoping for from you:

-the most important, every year is health. Mine, my family's and my friends. I would like to up the ante this year and continue what was started last year for me. I am almost back up to where I started a year ago weight wise, which is discouraging, but I am healthier and more active.
-joy, oh so much joy.
-babies, 3 of my best friends are all expecting babies in the first half of this year. Babies, gotta love them.
-runs, lots and lots of runs. I'll be starting the year with one tomorrow, then a 10k in April, half marathon in May, another half in October and hopefully many more along the way.
-work, for Leigh and I. We are blessed with jobs we enjoy.
-travel, little trips (probably all focused around hockey) and ending the year with a big trip.
-a wedding. Not just any wedding but the wedding of one of my boys, the last of the men in my life to get married. I can't wait.
-time with my babies, for they are very quickly moving away from being my babies.
-hockey, lots and lots of hockey.
-friends, new and old. Family, crazy and sane (who are we kidding, there are no sane ones).
-small changes to our home.

I want life to move along exactly how it is right now. It's good. Life is good. I am full of gratitude and joy for my life. My abundant, complete, astounding life. It may seem simple but it brings me so much contentedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment