Pages

a place for me. quiet. calm. creative.

18.1.13

And on we go

So life is plugging along, and I'm restless. I have been restless for a while, wanting change, not sure what changes to make.

And now I know, now I am preparing for the change, making plans, getting ready, making it happen. I am nervous. Really nervous. But really excited. Excited for something new in my life. Excited for what this change will mean for me and by extension, my family.

And I was offered (and I accepted) an additional contract for next semester so now I am working full time. All English. Opportunities to love my teaching in a different way from this semester.

And in one week I'll be saying goodbye to my current classes. My all time favourite classes. Some of the most amazing students that I have ever taught. And I will miss them. Immensely. Not teaching them will be sad. Because they are awesome  and the love they give me makes my time away from my babies worth it.

And other changes are happening. The best boss that I have ever had is leaving. Retiring. Today the students celebrated her with a giant surprise party. It was amazing. And it made me hopeful that one day, at the end of my career, my students will celebrate me in the same way. There was so much love in that gym today. Incredible.

And the boys. They are growing, reading, finding a new groove in this new, busier life of ours. We are a family. We love each other. We support each other. We brave new fronts together. My love is a rock of support, holding me up, keeping me going, letting me make changes that cause some chaos but will ultimately bring positive changes.

And I have found my joy again. It was so simple but it felt so hard to find. But there it is, deep down in the recesses of my being. Joy.

And I am grateful that it has returned. Because without it I felt like less of me. And now I feel like all of me again.

1 comment:

  1. xo. looking forward to hearing about the new stuff!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete