Pages

a place for me. quiet. calm. creative.

17.2.13

checking in

I've created a page (look up) to keep a list of the books I've been reading. Despite being busy, I still find time to read. Always. Check it out. There are very few books on it so far but I will add to the list.

Life continues on and given the loss my city is feeling this weekend, I am grateful for just that. This weekend saw the end of three young lives in a house fire. So sad. It reminds me of how precious every day is.

My new contract is incredible. I again, love my students. I have 2 amazing classes, one fun class and one challenging class. Just the right balance. 110 students. All English course. A lot of marking. But my job fills me with joy.

Joy.

This weekend I cleaned, parented, cooked, prepped 11 meals for busy days, marked, did laundry, went for a run, went to the driving range, went to multiple hockey practices and games, went to soccer, sent several emails, organized, paid bills, grocery shopped, spent time with my kids, my husband, and went for a hike in the sun.

Perfect, busy, productive.

Now on Sunday night, I feel prepared to face the week ahead. Relaxed, organized, and content.

1 comment:

  1. It is great to hear that you are happy with your new job.

    ReplyDelete